Recording Device Mono Selection

GoldWave general discussions and community help

Recording Device Mono Selection

Postby frogtumor2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:31 pm

There's supposed to be a selection in the recording device menu that allows you to assign what source channel(s) is used for a mono recording. In the manual it's called the mono source options. That option doesn't show up for me, why would that be?

This is what I see:

I was on v6.3x (don't remember exactly) and just updated to v6.41 to try and fix it.
frogtumor2

Re: Recording Device Mono Selection

Postby DougDbug » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:46 pm

Since nobody has replied I'll guess it's related to the hardware & drivers. (I don't see that option either.)

You normally get both channels mixed together if you're recording from a stereo source. And, if you are recording from a multi-channel interface you may only get channels 1 & 2 as left & right (or mixed to mono) when recording with GoldWave.
DougDbug

Postby Irving » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:01 pm

I don't see it either. Can't say I ever remember seeing it, though, even since the version 5x days.
Windows 10 1903 - Goldwave 6.41
Irving

Postby 2leftfeet » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Nor me either, but you just record both L and R as a normal stereo signal, then uncheck the unwanted channel (the green check box on the left). Copy the other channel and paste into a new window which will be mono. Easy - just two shortcut keystrokes. Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+P.
2leftfeet

Return to GoldWave General