Trying to isolate and separate sounds

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Perticelli

Trying to isolate and separate sounds

Post by Perticelli »

can i use the graphs or the 'animative' meters to show me different souneds w/in a file?

if so, can i isolate them and manipulate them as well?

once you mix two sounds and save, it seems to become one wave, or picture..

Also, will or does goldwave have surround sound mixing capabilities or any planned?
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

if so, can i isolate them and manipulate them as well?
If you have a piano and a guitar playing together.... NO, you can't un-mix them. There is no software that can do that... You can't "un-bake the cake." :) )

Of course, you can process the left and right channels independently.

And, GoldWave does have a "Reduce Vocals" tool. It uses an "old trick" of subtracting left from right. This removes anything that's in the "center"... anything that's identical in the left and right channels. What remains is a mono signal that contains mostly the left-only and right-only sounds. There is no way to do the opposite… That is, delete the left and right, leaving the center. (You can get left only, right only, left+right, and left-right.)
Also, will or does goldwave have surround sound mixing capabilities or any planned?
GoldWave is stereo only. :( Last time the topic came up, there were no plans for multi-channel surround. ...But, I'm hoping that it will be included if-and-when GoldWave 6 is released.