Post by Perticelli »

GoldWave v5.11 is now available.

Changes include:
Presets for batch processing

Single click on time axis starts playback

Ability to save all modified files when closing GoldWave

New AutoTrim edit command

New /process:presetname command line parameter for batch processing

New /region:start,length command line parameter for setting initial selection from other programs

Playback within Cue Points window (F4 and F8)

Proxy server setting in CD Reader Options tab

Mono source setting under Device properties tab

Foot pedal support and configuration settings

Evaluator buttons window

Updated Ogg Vorbis and FLAC support

Expanded Apple-C support

Many fixes and other improvements
The names of volume effects have changed to Change Volume, Maximize Volume, Match Volume, and Shape Volume. Any chains containing those effects will have to be recreated. Also any custom presets for those effects will have to be recreated. The "Echos and bass boosted" chain (see Tool | Effect Chain Editor) should be removed before installing this update over an older version.

i have 5.10...do i really need to go to 5.11 if im still a beginner and why or why not ?
OKCBoy

Re: v5.10 vs. v5.11

Post by OKCBoy »

Perticelli wrote:i have 5.10...do i really need to go to 5.11 if im still a beginner and why or why not ?
No big deal if you stay where you are, but upgrading is extremely simple and the look is the same, so you won't be lost. You certainly won't lose anything.
Perticelli

Post by Perticelli »

reading up on it seemed to suggest i had to reconfigure volume chains or something..im thinking that means redo projects already under way for v5.10...i also heard about bugs or some sort...
OKCBoy

Post by OKCBoy »

Perticelli wrote:reading up on it seemed to suggest i had to reconfigure volume chains or something..im thinking that means redo projects already under way for v5.10.
Well, I agree with your hesitation on that point. I would not change in the middle of a project, regardless of upgrade simplicity.