GoldWave 5.13 -- Problem with Level Visual Bar

GoldWave general discussions and community help
dda

GoldWave 5.13 -- Problem with Level Visual Bar

Post by dda »

GoldWave 5.13 is GREAT. Thanks especially for all the Batch changes.

One small problem.

When I start 5.13, if I have the "Level Visual Bar" set to display (ie Options --> Toolobar --> Control --> "Show Level Visual Bar").
then when the program starts, the visual bar is greyed out and displayes nothing.

This can be fixed (each time) by clicking on "Show Control Window". The Control Window pops up (which also displays the "Level Visual Bar". When the Control Window is dropped again, the Level Visual Bar displays correctly.

This is new in 5.13.

Thanks for a great program.

dda
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: GoldWave 5.13 -- Problem with Level Visual Bar

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Do you have a multi-monitor setup? I cannot duplicate the problem so far. If anyone else is having this problem, please post.

Chris
piano nick

Post by piano nick »

dda:

Things tend to grey out when I have the GRAY-SCALE box checked, otherwise everything operates quite nicely.

Chris:

I missed the 5.13 notice until a few days ago - I really like the new icons, particularly the Cut "scissors". Now I can find them much easier.

Thanks

PN
dda

Further Testing

Post by dda »

No, there is no dual monitor involved. Just a Laptop LCD (MOBILITY FIRE GL 9000).

I have been installing subsequent versions of GoldWave "over the top" of the previous versions, so I uninstalled EVERYTHING, and re-installed 5.13. Same result.

No, this has nothing to do with the "gray-scale" check box.

I also checked whether "Do not use OpenGL" has any bearing. It does not.

I am happy to try any diagnostics you suggest.

Thanks,
dda
dda

Latest

Post by dda »

This has GOT to be a clue!!!!!

If I move the Level Visual Bar so that it is on a "horizontal bar" of its (ie so that it takes up the whole width of the screen), then the problem disappears.

IE I only see the problem if the Level Visual Bar shares the GoldWave screen width with other items.

Having said that, once the problem occurs, moving the Level Visual Bar to "full width" does not fix the problem. GoldWave must START with the Level Visual Bar already set to be "full width".

I usually put a small Level Visual Bar on the same hoizontal as the Effect Bar.

It may also be useful to know that I nearly always operate GoldWave in full screen mode (ie Maximised) .

dda
dda

Screen Shots

Post by dda »

I sent some screen shots to Chris via email.
holtram

Same happens to me...

Post by holtram »

Yes I have the same problem with the visual. Again, the situation corrects itself when I detach the control window, then the visuals work. I do like the floating toolbars other than that though...

Ok - a clue - another thing I wanted was to save my window settings upon exit as the window kept coming up smaller than what I was used to. Once I changed Options -> Window "Main Window Size" from "Normal" to "Save Settings" my window retained it's size from open to open AND the level meter was no longer grayed out.

I notice I can't save the floating toolbar configuration though.
dda

Clue Confirmed

Post by dda »

Yes holtram,

It works for me as well!!! (Thanks, it's a better work-around than what I had).

My preferred settings are

Options --> Window --> Main Window Size "Maximise"

when I change to

Options --> Window --> Main Window Size "Save position"

the Level Visual Bar works normally from GoldWave startup.

dda
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Clue Confirmed

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Now I can duplicate the problem. I'll fix that in the next upate. Thanks posting the additional details that helped tracked down the problem.

Chris