How to 'spin the record?'

GoldWave general discussions and community help
187shayan

How to 'spin the record?'

Post by 187shayan »

I've been trying to create the effect of spinning off a song like a DJ would whilst using turntables... the closest i got was speeding up the tempo (which was limited) and putting it in reverse but did not give the desired effect.

Any suggestions how I could do this effectively to sound like spinning the record on a real turntable?
Sarge

Re: How to 'spin the record?'

Post by Sarge »

187shayan wrote:Any suggestions how I could do this effectively to sound like spinning the record on a real turntable?
How about the preset under doppler called "Spin the record?" (It's the effect button all the way to the left under "New", or by going to Effect|Doppler).

Using that preset in very small increments combined with reversing, and changing the tempo may give you more of the effect you're looking for. Hope that helps.

Sarge
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Sarge, I think he is asking about a "scratch" sound that DJs get when placing a record on a turntable, putting the tone arm down and then manually zipping the turntable a few inches one way and then back the other. When done properly, one can generate a rather amusing effect.

Shayan - I have never tried and I doubt that it would work out. The DJ style turntable scratch is the result of physical contact and friction.

If you just need a scratch, there are sound effects web sites that have them available. If you need something specific to your need rather than a generic scratch - I bet you will have to use a turntable and a record, and then practice.
Jossse

Post by Jossse »

donrandall wrote:If you need something specific to your need rather than a generic scratch - I bet you will have to use a turntable and a record, and then practice.
nana.. i have the solution:

get DSS DJ 5.5 and u will have the best dj'ing program ever
trust me :D

ps: there's also a program called 'scratch' 8)