Jossse

Is This Possible? plz help!

Post by Jossse »

this is my bass-line... its anoying and monotonous:

so i wanna do something to create a rhytmical bass loop:

i increase and decrease the semitone's selection like this:

BUT: without changing the total lenght... so it will be well-balanced

is this possible?
i used the doppler in many ways but i have to calculate the lenght many times :(
the time warp is the same... it changes the lenght too
so if there's something that i didnt notice plz tell me and i'll apreciate
and if it is not possible: could u please put this 'probaby new feature' on the next Goldwave?
Blandine Catastrophe

Post by Blandine Catastrophe »

For that, the pitch Image is the best tool. Select the "preserve tempo" option and the needed values for the pitch change you want to.
Gloup? :-°
Jossse

Post by Jossse »

Blandine Catastrophe wrote:For that, the pitch Image is the best tool. Select the "preserve tempo" option and the needed values for the pitch change you want to.
oh thx :D
Jossse

Post by Jossse »

ok so thx for the help...

let me show you my last song... from my own :D

jOsSse - Madre Putre

enjoy!

(you'll hear i used the bass and guitars made with the pitch & fl6 by me)
Blandine Catastrophe

I listened to it, it is very well done. Furthermore, I tested also a listening through a dual band compressor/limiter, to get an idea of how it should sound on a fm broadcast station.
If ever you want a song to be played on a broadcast with a clean result, try to do a mix specially for this purpose, with a final envelope rather flat, they obtain that by compressing all instruments tracks in recording companies.

I don't mean that your sound is bad, far from that, but the digital compressor-limiter (and they sometimes use even more than what I set for the test) made a "butchery" of your work. :shock: It is sometimes a reason why I call to the local broadcasters and explain what can be improved in their sound, but they never listen to me. :(

Post-Edition : I forgot to precise that it doesn't work in Forefox, it must be listened to in Internet Explorer.
Jossse

Post by Jossse »

Blandine Catastrophe wrote:I listened to it, it is very well done. Furthermore, I tested also a listening through a dual band compressor/limiter, to get an idea of how it should sound on a fm broadcast station.
If ever you want a song to be played on a broadcast with a clean result, try to do a mix specially for this purpose, with a final envelope rather flat, they obtain that by compressing all instruments tracks in recording companies.

I don't mean that your sound is bad, far from that, but the digital compressor-limiter (and they sometimes use even more than what I set for the test) made a "butchery" of your work. :shock: It is sometimes a reason why I call to the local broadcasters and explain what can be improved in their sound, but they never listen to me. :(

Post-Edition : I forgot to precise that it doesn't work in Forefox, it must be listened to in Internet Explorer.
so i should save my work in 320 kbp/s? ¿?
Blandine Catastrophe

I didn't talk about file compression, who has nothing to see with, but about compression/limitation/expansion. For a normal use, listening on a computer, burning to a CD or anything common, no problem.

Simply, the audio treatment used by the fm commercial broadcasters will produce some annoying effects on the sound as it presented here, and that is only to be taken in account of you plan to be braodcast regularly. Anyways, they degrade the quality of more than one song with their limiters, they broadcast in such a manner that the level is constantly at 0 dB, and they do it in separating in several frequency bands to limit them independently, to be sure to get something flat, just to try to give the feeling that their sound is louder than the sound of the neighboring station. And it isn't the only artificial stuff to that mean.

If the broadcasting isn't a priority aim, don't change anything, because to get a sound who supports all what they do is a darned crazy additional work. If you want to braodcast it, you'll need to pass the compressor effect on any sound before to mix it into the file.
Jossse

Post by Jossse »

oh i wont broadcast this song
but anyway... thx for info!
and u where the only one who replied this topic :shock:

anyway... if u wanna listen it just go to www.jossse.co.nr
it really worth a listen! :D

cya