removing music

GoldWave general discussions and community help
FarCry

removing music

Post by FarCry »

how can i remove music just as i remove vocals? i want to keep only the voices. thank you.

i remove the vocals so i have the wave with the music only and then i substract this from the original wave and what is left is only the voice. right? will this work and how can i do it? thanks
Blandine Catastrophe

Post by Blandine Catastrophe »

When you remove the vocals, the result is a substraction Left-Right.
If you mix that to the original, you will have (left-right) + (left+right) = 2×left.

You need a center extractor, like on some Dolby Surround systems. In the new version 2.17 of DePopper, there is such a possiblility, though the aim is different. Maybe there are some plug-ins compatible with Goldwave, but i'm not so much in that aspect.
Once you have extracted the center, instruments located at the center will still be kept, that will probably include the bass.
Gloup? :-°
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

Quoting myself... :)
There is no software that can do it perfectly. "Vocal removal" is done by simply subtracting left from right. This removes everything in the "center"... everything that's equal in both speakers. It does not remove off-center vocals. But, there is no similar simple way to manipulate the L+R, L-R, Left-only, or Right-only signals to remove everything but the center-vocals.

With that out of the way, there is a WinAmp plug-in you can try with GoldWave:
Take a look at this post, this post, and this post.
FarCry

Post by FarCry »

thanks man i appreciate it :D now lets rock!