Help recording...

GoldWave general discussions and community help
WalkerBohOhmsford

Help recording...

Post by WalkerBohOhmsford »

I'm kinda just starting out with Gold Wave. I've played files in it before and I've fooled around with some of the effects, but I've never recorded anything. Right now I need to record ordinary .wav files, but for some reason it won't let me do even that. One of two things seems to happen when I try to record. Sometimes I'll get an error message telling me to make sure the recording device is set correctly and that the sampling rate is supported by my sound card. The other thing that happened was that I'd get an error message that simply said C++ Exception...at least I think that was an error message. That was in v5.06. In 5.07 I got this error message that said something about a violation of access or something. I forget the exact message. Anyway, both of these messages occurred after I'd successfully created the sound file and once I hit Control F9 to start recording. I should note that I'm totally blind and use speach software to navigate the screen. This particular program seems to work very well with Gold Wave, which is how I managed to read these messages. I'm just not sure if I missed something. Any help would be appreciated. I have a project I'm working on that requires audio files and I'd rather not use the recording program that came with my computer...you know the one, Sound Recorder.
The darkness comes!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Help recording...

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Make sure you have 16-bit quality selected in GoldWave (press F11, Device tab). Some sound cards do not handle other quality settings correctly.

Chris