Need help recording...

GoldWave general discussions and community help
WalkerBohOhmsford

Need help recording...

Post by WalkerBohOhmsford »

Hi,
I'm writing because I need help recording with Gold Wave. Right now I'm just trying to record ordinary .wav files. Unfortunately I seem to be running into a problem when I actually try too record. I should note for the record that I'm totally blind and therefore have to use speach software to navigate the menus. however JAWS, the speach program I use, seems to work very well with Gold Wave, so that isn't the problem I'm having. I can create new files all right, but each time I actually hit Control F9 to start recording, I get one of three error messages. One of these just says I need to make sure the proper device/quality is selected, no other programs are recording, and that my sound card supports the sampling rate. I'm trying to record at 22050 HZ, but I'm not sure if that's the right sampling rate for .wav files. I'm not really what you'd call an expert on the various file types.
Another error message I get is one that simply says C++ Exception, which I have no idea what that means. The third one says Access violation at address 00438CEE3 in Module 'Goldwave.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFF. I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me. I'm involved in really a rather important project that requires audio files, and I'd rather not record them with Sound Recorder, which in all honesty isn't all that good. I'm doing voiceover work for a computer game for the blind, and Gold Wave has the features I need to get the recordings ready to send to the company.. Any help would be appreeciated!
The darkness comes!
WalkerBohOhmsford

Any help?

Post by WalkerBohOhmsford »

I have a little bit of time before these files need to be sent off, but I'd like to get as much of the work done now as I can, and like I said, I keep getting error messages.
The darkness comes!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Any help?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If setting the recording quality to "16-bit integer" (press F11, Device tab) does not help, please contact me directly.

Chris