cassette to cd

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Georgia Peach

cassette to cd

Post by Georgia Peach »

My cassette player on my stero broke. I have been looking fo9r something to use to convert cassette tapes to cds without buying a new system. I bought a small stero but couldn't connect it to the computer because it had to wrong plug. I could not find anything toadept it so it would work. I bought a portable tape player and an adepter so I could connect it to the computer. It is not working. I'm thinking the player is not made to do this. Does anyone know of anything I can buy without spending a fortune on another stero? I'm thinking maybe I need to try pawn shops for a cheap stero.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

You can look for a portable player like "Walkman", making sure that there is not too much hiss noise, verify it well. And an adaptor to plug from headphones output to line input.
This is a cheap solution, so no miraculous quality might be expected. It is always better to get a good sound from a good source, rather than try to improve a bad sound who will remain poor.
:D
Georgia Peach

Post by Georgia Peach »

Kummel, Thank you very much!!
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

Any cassette player with a "headphone out" should work. Just connect the headphone output to the "line in" or "aux-in" on your computer.

Of course, the cassette player should be stereo.
Georgia Peach

Post by Georgia Peach »

Hi Doug, I pluged into the "ear" jack and now it is working. I need an adapter with three jacks so I can use a headphone. I'm back to Radio Shack. I'll be back I know I'll need help. I had trouble last time. I have forgotten all I learned because it has been a long time.
Ody

Post by Ody »

Georgia Peach wrote:Hi Doug, I pluged into the "ear" jack and now it is working. I need an adapter with three jacks so I can use a headphone. I'm back to Radio Shack. I'll be back I know I'll need help. I had trouble last time. I have forgotten all I learned because it has been a long time.
Hi Ya,

Why do you need a 3 jack adaptor. I would have thought you could plug your headphones into the out jack of your PC sound card.

Works fine for me.

Cheers.
One day my boat will come in and I'll be at the airport.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Furthermore, if you connect PC+Headphone at the same time on the same output, you have no sound in the PC neither in the headphones.
:D
Georgia Peach

Post by Georgia Peach »

As it turned out the Radio Shack recorder was compatable. No matter what I did I could not get sound. I had a cheapie ($34.98) shelf stero I hooked up to the computer and it is working fine.