Recording

GoldWave general discussions and community help
mater

Recording

Post by mater »

Just a little problem. I want to record one track over another...but I want to record while other (previously recorded) track is being played...It is explained in FAQs but what about timing...there is a blank space in record track...how do I tell the program what is the exact time of start of mixing...this issue would be solved if record line and play line could be started simultanously...but it is not(at lesast I think) possible...I hope you understand my question...thanks for replies
OKCBoy

Re: Recording

Post by OKCBoy »

mater wrote:but I want to record while other (previously recorded) track is being played...
I do this with Goldwave's Multiquence program, which is designed for multitrack recording.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Recording

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If your sound card has a mixed recording source ("What U Hear", "Stereo Mix", etc.), then mixing will be synchronized automatically because what you hear is recorded. Any leading silence can be trimmed after recording.

If you have to mix the recording later, then you can adjust the start time of the mix under the Edit | Mix command. Tapping a beat at the beginning of all the recordings you'll be mixing will help to synchronize them later.

Chris