How to use Batch processing to split a file?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
sasjaa

How to use Batch processing to split a file?

Post by sasjaa »

I would like to figure out how to use the AutoCue and SplitFile feature from batch processing. Is it possible?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: How to use Batch processing to split a file?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There is no way to use Batch Processing to automatically split files. You can use it to extract part of a file, such as the first 10 seconds, but it cannot save multiple parts to separate files.

Chris
holtram

Post by holtram »

Me too, me too! I had posted a request for this function also a long time ago, and if I remember correctly, user Irinview tacked on a reply that he/she had hoped Goldwave could do this as well.

Maybe you could consider it as a feature request and toss it into the pile for consideration (Is three votes very much??).
timo

Post by timo »

Me three ! One vote more for split files in Batch Processing mode. I do vinyl LP recording and try to minimize the "hand work" by letting the Batch Processing do the (overnight) work (Pop/click, pitch correction, noise filtering, split file?).
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Currently the batch processing feature is designed to work on a "one file in, one file out" basis. Changing that to be one in and multiple out would require some major changes. It is possible, but the danger is that batch processing may become so complicated that nobody will be able to figure out how to use it. To keep it simple, splitting the file would have to be the last step, something like checking a "Split files" checkbox on the Convert tab instead of the "Convert files..." box.

If others are interested, please post or let me know.

Chris