to get the music only not the voice

GoldWave general discussions and community help
musikodino

to get the music only not the voice

Post by musikodino »

Hello everybody,

Goodday to each and everyone of you I convertered a corale music to mp3 Im just wondering can I get only the music not the voices of the corale group any thought?if there is any can you please give me the process thanks

:( dino
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

You can try Effect ->Stereo ->Reduce Vocals.

But, it's not likely to work very well with this type of music. This effect uses an "old trick" of subtracting the left and from the right. Since the main vocals are usually in the "center" of the stereo image (equal in both left and right speakers) the vocals are subtracted-out. This effect will remove all sounds that are identical in both left & right channels. You are left with a "mono" file (identical left & right channels.)

There is no software that can extract (or isolate) the vocals or a particular instrument...
DougDbug wrote:You can't un-bake a cake, you can't un-fry an egg, and you can't un-mix a recording.

The following has nothing to do with your original question........................
musikodino wrote: I convertered a corale music to mp3
What format did you convert from?

It's generally best to work with WAV files. If you want to make an MP3, it's best to compress to MP3 once, after all of your editing is done. MP3 uses lossy compression (data is thrown-away during compression). In order to edit an MP3, it has to be decompressed first, and then re-compressed after editing. This requires an additional lossy compression step.

This "extra" decompression and re-compression also takes time, which can be a pain if you are working with large files.

Sometimes an MP3 (or other compressed format) is all you have, so you have no choice. But, uncompressed WAV files are the ideal.
musikodino

Post by musikodino »

I converted it from a mp3 cd

dino