Drop cue in 5.22

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Gauss256

Drop cue in 5.22

Post by Gauss256 »

Has the behavior of drop cue changed in 5.22? It now puts the cue point at the beginning of the file instead of the start of the selection.

Bruce
Gauss256

Post by Gauss256 »

Oops, never mind. This is an effect of the new persistent cursor. This message clued me in:

http://goldwave.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2262

Bruce
dda

Drop Cue at Recording cursor while recording

Post by dda »

Well,

I have read the forums and I have fiddled and fiddled, but I cannot find a way to drop cue points AT the recording cursor while recording.

Sorry, there is ONE way... that is to right-click in the "cue slot", but that can be very inaccurate.

Can anyone explain to me how to just drop a queue point RIGHT where the recoding cursor is?

I am using 5.22.

Thanks,
dda
holtram

Drop cue

Post by holtram »

The behavior of the persistent cursor was modified from 5.22 to 5.23 so upgrading to the latest version might make a difference. I'm at 5.23 and here is what I've found...

I may have some setting(s) which differ from yours, but as I'm testing with a record window using Ctl-Q drops the cue point where the recording cursor is.

Or you can customize the toolbar (Options > Toolbar) and add the Edit-Drop Cue as a button to just click and drop.

You say you have fiddled around quite a bit so you may have tried these options, I'm not sure why they wouldn't be working for you.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Drop cue

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There was a problem in v5.22, but that is fixed in v5.23 so the cue is dropped at the recording position. A couple of new keystrokes were added too (Q and Shift+Q).

Chris
dda

5.23 working beautifully

Post by dda »

Thanks very much to both of you.

dda