Mixing

GoldWave general discussions and community help
TVVCR

Mixing

Post by TVVCR »

A question. I'm currently working a project.

I've created a 20 second track, and copy/pasted it twice which makes it 40 seconds. I've an EQ effect on the first 20 seconds. However, I want the EQ effect to "fade away" slowly back to the original as it comes to the next 20 second section.

If this can be done, please tell me how.

Thanks. :D
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Do two copies of the 40 second file without EQ (CTRL+C ; CTRL+P). On one of them apply the parametric EQ (the other ones generate a phase difference).

Apply a fade in effect on the non-EQ file from the start until the point where the sound must be natural.

Apply a fade out effect on the EQ file on the same portion, and mute all the part that must be heard only without the EQ.

Copy (CTRL+C) and back to the non-EQ file, mix it (CTRL+M).
:D
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

EDIT - Kummel beat me to the punch.

You can't fade-in or fade-out an effect, but you can crossfade between the original file and a copy of the file with the effect. (You might get some "phasing" effects when you blend the EQ'd file with the original, because most filters introduce phase-shift.)

Or, you could apply the effect to the first 20-second segment, and then create a "manual" crossfade to the 2nd 20-second segment. You would do that by fading-out the first file, fading-in the 2nd file, and then mixing them with an overlap.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

The Lowpass/Highpass filter has some presets that may do what you want.

You can also experiment and see if you can find a setting that works for you.