Newbie - needs help

GoldWave general discussions and community help
BP

Newbie - needs help

Post by BP »

I am a newbie to goldwave and using it to record hold music for call centre applications. Want to create 60 seconds of music. Have already converted song from disc to wav file in "audiograbber", then brought file over to goldwave. Have found portion of about 20 sec of music, and selected this. I want to loop this 20 sec into 60 seconds. How do i do this??Appreciate any tips.
Stiiv

Post by Stiiv »

If it's a well-edited, seamless loop, just copy it to the clipboard, Paste to New, then paste it twice more into your new file. There you are....60 seconds. Make sure to save your original file, just in case. :!:
Stiiv
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

I suggest you read-through the GoldWave manual before you start. In general, this is an easy thing to do. The hard part is getting it to sound right where the loop starts-over.

You need to understand how the markers and general editing work. (You need to put the Start & End Markers around the 20 seconds you want to copy. Then, you'll need to move the Start Marker to the end of the first segment... That's where the new sound will be pasted-in when you copy/paste.)

Use Edit->Marker-> Snap to zero-crossing to help to avoid a glitch or "click" where the two copies are joined.

If you can't get a clean, undetectable, splice, you can try joining the copy with a short overlap (maybe a fraction of a second) using a crossfade (Edit->Crossfade) or a mix (Edit->Mix).

If you chose to use mix, you may want a short fade-out and fade-in where the two copies overlap.

Of course, if you overlap the copies you will loose some time... So, if the timing has to be precise, you'll need a clip slightly longer than 20 seconds.