Inserting silence before and after selection

GoldWave general discussions and community help
delpino

Inserting silence before and after selection

Post by delpino »

Hello,

I wonder if its possible to automatically add 1 second of silence at the beginning and end of a selection before saving. In other words I select and area I want to save click "save selection" and GW would add 1s of selection before and after and then save.

Thanks
delpino

Post by delpino »

Actually the "Silence Reduction" function comes quite close to what I want. However the problem with this function is that it only reduces the silence. I can't tell it to increase to 1 second silence. Pity. Maybe in the next release?
audioman

Silence Is Golden

Post by audioman »

Bump!!
It'd be a big help!
Fred :D
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Inserting silence before and after selection

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You can create a preset under Batch Processing to do that. On the process tab, you'd add the following edit commands:
  • Cut
  • Insert Silence (1.0)
  • Paste
  • Insert Silence (1.0)
The only drawback is that the selection is changed to the entire file after the batch processing preset is applied to the currently opened file.

If you add Trim as the first edit command (before Cut), then the selection will be exactly what you want after processing, but you'd have to use Edit | Undo after using File | Save Selection As to get the rest of the file back. Don't use File | Save As because you won't be able use Undo after.

Chris
audioman

Post by audioman »

Thanks Chris,
For taking the time and trouble to look into this.
I appreciate your help (as well as the other posters)!
I'll give your suggestions a try!
Cheers,
Fred :D