Open letter to Chris re: the persistent cursor

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Stiiv

Open letter to Chris re: the persistent cursor

Post by Stiiv »

The following is just my personal opinion, & your mileage may vary.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but the persistent cursor in 5.22 is REALLY starting to bug me. I use GW every day, many times a day, & that omnipresent "barber pole" (as someone on forums called it) taunts me with its (IMHO) non-intuitive uselessness every time I see it.

I've never even considered reverting to a previous version of GW before....I've welcomed just about every new feature over the years, & especially the optional nature of most of them. (I still prefer the old-style "left button-right button" selection method, for instance...& thankfully Chris kept that option available.)

I think I speak for more than a few of us here, Chris, as I implore you...please give us a way to disable the persistent cursor feature. Maybe a patch?

I know I'm whining about a very minor thing, but I use GW so often, for so many purposes, that the "barber pole" is really becoming a... persistent...pain. :wink: In any event, thanks for your attention, & for everything Goldwave.
Stiiv
holtram

I second

Post by holtram »

Just to add my vote for making it optional if at all possible...

I understand that you are going to address the "flickering" or barber-pole effect in the next release, but for me I still would prefer the option to toggle off the persistent cursor function.

I actually did revert from 5.22 back to 5.20.

Chris still love the program and (almost!) everything about it but if you're considering feature changes making the persistent cursor optional would be very helpful for me. Thanks for listening and I know you do appreciate user feedback.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Oh great. Thanks a lot guys. I was getting used to it and was getting to the point where it no longer annoyed me. Now, like one of those really terrible songs ya just can't stand - you know, the one ya just can't make it quit rollin' around in yer mind, it's back to buggin' me again!

Yah, thanks a lot buddies. Pals. Hmmmmph!
Stiiv

Post by Stiiv »

<jack benny voice> Oh, Donnnnnnnnnnnn?</jack benny voice>

Sorry, pal....but I just hadda.
Stiiv
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Another update is planned for later this month, which will make a few changes.

Chris
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Another update is planned for later this month, which will make a few changes.
Hey Chris - I can live with the curser....uh....the cursor thing but what I would really like to see is a wee bit of a refinement to the Spectrum Filter. Heh, heh, heh...when someone calls it a wee bit of anything, it usually turns into a major project, eh?

I would dearly love to be able to make adjustments while the audio is playing and hear the effect change as I adjust.

And while I am thinking of it - Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for this outstanding product!
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

<jack benny voice> Oh, Donnnnnnnnnnnn?</jack benny voice>

Sorry, pal....but I just hadda.
Still in Jack Benny voice: Now THAT'S funny!