Export stereo to 2 (or 6) mono wav???

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Eliminator

Export stereo to 2 (or 6) mono wav???

Post by Eliminator »

Hi,

I was looking for a DirectX plug-in or a VST to export a stereo file to 2 or 6 wav mono files... I intended to used it in the batch processing...

In short, it's a kind of Besure that I want.

Thanks in advance!
Eliminator
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

I don't think that'll work...i don't think goldwave will spawn a new window from plugin output...plus i don't know of any plugins that do that...and for starters, Goldwave won't work with 6 channel wave files.

you're gonna have to use Besure and some of the other multi-channel tools that exist to split your wavs up.
holtram

Export mono

Post by holtram »

I think you could cobble together at least conversion to 2 wav files, but it would take 2 batch passes over your stereo files. This assumes you're a bit familiar with the batch processing function of Goldwave.

Select the File | Batch Processing, then under the Process tab, click Add Edit. Drop down the selection box and pick Channel Selection. Select the radio button for left or right channel. Add your stereo files and conversion to what you want and create a set of files.

Repeat the process selecting the other channel and I think you would have the 2 sets of mono wav files from stereo that you're after. I haven't tried this (so I'm not sure it works exactly as I would expect) and it's I'm sure a little more manual than you'd like but it might possibly help you in some situations.
Eliminator

Post by Eliminator »

This is a really great idea! Thanks a lot!

I'll take a look at that.

Eliminator
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

you can do it in batch processing in a manner as described above IF you're only working with stereo wavs. if you're dealing with multichannel wav then you need the secial tools.

i was rished and should of made that distinction
Eliminator

Post by Eliminator »

Yes, at that moment, it's stereo...