Is the Microphon input a default ?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
mziporen

Is the Microphon input a default ?

Post by mziporen »

When I log out Goldwave 5.23, after using the Line in for recording, (Control Properties/Volume/Line in is checked) -The Line in remains checked even after I close GW (but not shutting off my computer!) and log GW again.

But, when I turn off my computer - at my next session with GW -I find the Microphon Input /b]checked, even though I closed GW with the Line In checked.
As far as I know, GW should rememer it's last configuration for a new work session with it.

Why does it happen to me?
Gess with whom I am in love.... GOLDWAVE is my love!
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

I don't have that problem... It might be your operating system or your drivers. What operating system are you running?

I don't think I've ever used anything other than Line-In, and I don't have to select it every time.

I just did a little experiment... I have GoldWave on a Windows 98 machine here at work, and I just tried changing the input and powering-down. The new selection held through the power-cycle.
mziporen

Thanks for replying, how can I send a screen capture file?

Post by mziporen »

DougBug, thanks for your reply. In your reply, you put:..."It might be your operating system or your drivers".

My O.S. is Xp, and if you refer to my hardware drivers, my sound card is C-Media 3D Audio. Your reply made me to susspect that it is the C-Media driver, and I would like to send you a sreen capture which shows how my sound card is configured.

Is there a way to add a picture file to a posting in this forum?
Thanks again.
Stiiv

Post by Stiiv »

Check your Startup files...if you have an instant messenger program that does voice chat (or a voice chat prg like Ventrilo) loading at startup, it may be automatically selecting the Mic input for you when it loads.
Stiiv
mziporen

Thank you, you have solved the problem

Post by mziporen »

Thank you Stiiv, your reply solved the problem!
Mziporen.
Stiiv

Post by Stiiv »

Glad I could help.

L'chaim!
Stiiv