FLAC 1.2.1

GoldWave general discussions and community help
dhanjit

FLAC 1.2.1

Post by dhanjit »

I've had a look at the Plug-in SDK, and doing it myself is way beyond me. Will the FLAC plug-in in GoldWave be updated to the current 1.2.1? It was released back in September 2007, and the development release can be downloaded from this webpage:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=539572
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: FLAC 1.2.1

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Thanks for reminding me. I'll include the latest libFLAC.dll with the next GoldWave update. You can update the file yourself by replacing it in the C:\Programs Files\GoldWave\File folder. The DLL is found in the flac-1.2.1-devel-win.zip download on the FLAC website.

Chris
dhanjit

Post by dhanjit »

FLAC files created in GoldWave usinig the 1.2.1 dll as in your post do not save any additions (in standard fields) to the ID tag, and are 4kb smaller than if created in other software (using the same compression). I think the location of the ID tag in the file changed in a recent version of FLAC, and it may be that the Goldwave FLACFile.pig is not compatible with this.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I ran a quick test and any information entered under the File | Information command in GoldWave is saved in the FLAC file using the latest libFLAC.dll. Any other metadata (text) is not supported by GoldWave.

Chris
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

I noticed that in Winamp, it was impossible to create other tags, so that's not a Goldwave problem, it might be the format.
:D
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

FLAC has it's own tagging system which is the same exact thing as Vorbis comments.

In the most recent winamp, there's Basic Info and an Advanced tab...the advanced tab lets you add additional tags in basically a freeform matter.

Post programs fully support the Basic Info as it's taken from the original ID3 format.

Merely changing the location of the tag wouldn't make the file name change...there are some programs that add an ID3 tag, despite the fact vorbis itself doesn't support it. This could be the reason some programs have 4kb size differenes.