Turning a sample into stereo

GoldWave general discussions and community help
dani72

Turning a sample into stereo

Post by dani72 »

Is there a way to turn a sample into stereo (i.e. in both ears)? I know in other programs there is an effect called 'Tapped Delay For Stereo Simulation' or 'Stereo Broadening'. Is there a way to achieve the same effect in Goldwave? Any help with this would be appreciated.
Relax. What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind!
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Get two windows of the same sound in the same instance of Goldwave, saved as "stereo" (two identical channels right and left)

On one of them, select only the right or the left (at your choice) and invert it.

Copy to clipboard the file (both channels) and go to the other copy.

Mix, wit a time value between 0.01 and 0.0001, and a dB value less than -3dB. More the dB value is high, more stereo you get, less is this value, less stereo you have. The time value depends on your audio, and must be determined by listening in a trial and errors series, until it is satisfying.

Depending of the sound, prior to copy, you should addition a slight reverb (not too much) similar to the existing reverb.
:D
dani72

Post by dani72 »

Great, I've been trying to figure that out for ages.

Thanks a lot,

Dani
Relax. What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind!
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

whoa...yeah...i've done similar things with tube sims in audition, but generally with a "mastering rack" and a couple stacked...never occured to do it this way...

it's a beautitful effect if you spend the time fine tuning it.