How do I sleep up a song in goldwave?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
brutan

How do I sleep up a song in goldwave?

Post by brutan »

Hey I was wondering how to take an audio clip in goldwave and speed it up/slow it down. Can someone tell me please? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

Effect > Time Warp.

You can choose to speed or slow the audio by whatever per cent you find to be most appealing - - or - - you can take note of the current length of the track and then change the length according to whatever pleases you.

Speeding it up or slowing it down will change the pitch - and that may be amusing, or you may prefer to push the buttlon that say "Similarity" and change the timing while retaining a pitch that is similar to the original.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Also, for a variable speed through the file, the Doppler effect (first button from the left) Image does it well.
:D
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

Doppler isn't exactly used for a pitch change.

Doppler effect occurs when a sound source is moving toward/away from you...compressing or expanding the actual frequency of the wave. It's the same pheonomon that explains the difference in sound when say, a fire truck with a siren is speeding past you..the movement of the sound source towards you causes the waves to be "compressed" and when it's speeding away, it "expands".

i'm not sure doppler actually speeds anything up..just changes pitch.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

Doppler slowens and accelerate. On a metronome impulsion running 20 seconds (made from the expression evaluator), set from minimum to maximum, it does this: http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137 ... medpld.gif
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

ok..maybe i'm just anal enough to go "doppler isn't for general speed-up slow down"...

yeah, that's what it does basically..i don't know, i'm a "right tool for the right job" kind of guy...and i wouldn't use doppler for..

I do know in the real-world effects...it's just the frequency that changes...not the speed/tempo.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

in principle, a real World Doppler will accelerate or slowen the entire acoustic wave in itself, so the tempo will be affected (it doesn't apply a Fourrier Transform on the acoustic signal). But usually, the sound changed hasn't a tempo (a car, a train...), so it cannot be noticed easily.

I suggested the Doppler only for the case where the speed needs a variation.
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

actually, earlier today i had a fire-engine roll-by me and i did notice the tempo of the siren slowed as it moved away....i really hadn't ever paid attention