FLAC tags documentation

GoldWave general discussions and community help
chrisjj

FLAC tags documentation

Post by chrisjj »

Can anyone direct me to documentation of GW's support for FLAC tags? Searching the Help for FLAC finds nothing, and the manual does not mention FLAC tag support either. It does say

Note that information is saved only in some file formats, such
as .wav, .wma, .aiff, .xac, .ogg, and ID3v2 .mp3 files.

but GW does save at least some info to FLAC.

I have a problem with GW and FLAC tags, but would like to find out that GW is supposed to be doing before pursuing it.

Thanks.
Last edited by chrisjj on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kummel

Post by Kummel »

The last time I saved in FLAC, Goldwave saved all the fields. When I opened the file in Winamp, all was there. But sometimes, the name of the field doesn't match the ones expected by the player (the player displays "comment where Goldwave saves "description", for example).
:D
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: FLAC tags documentation

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The full source code for the FLAC encoder is given in the plug-in SDK on the Developers section of the GoldWave website. Most of the metadata is stored the same way it is in Ogg Vorbis files. You can find more information on the FLAC website.

GoldWave uses the "comments" field when the file type does not provide a "description" field.

Chris
chrisjj

Re: FLAC tags documentation

Post by chrisjj »

> GoldWave uses the "comments" field when the file type
> does not provide a "description" field.

I thought FLAC file type did not provide any fields - any particular file can hold fields named anything.