Batch Improvement in Edit function.

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Coriolanus

Batch Improvement in Edit function.

Post by Coriolanus »

I use the insert silence very often in my batch processing. I prefer 6 second silence at the start of each CD. Batch limits me to 5 unless I manually change it before processing. Is there anyway we can set our own field and save it so it is available each time we use that function?

Thanks
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Batch Improvement in Edit function.

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

When you add the Insert Silence edit command to the process list in Batch Processing, you can specify the length of the silence. You can then save that as a preset, which you can reuse.

Chris
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:When you add the Insert Silence edit command to the process list in Batch Processing, you can specify the length of the silence. You can then save that as a preset, which you can reuse.

Chris
I have never found a way to do that. There is never an option to SAVE the setting from the batch edit window or am I missing something here.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There should be Preset controls near the bottom of the Batch Processing window. If not, make sure you have a recent version of GoldWave installed. After you've added the effects and edit commands to the Process list, enter a name in the Preset area and click the plus [+] button to save those settings.

Chris
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:There should be Preset controls near the bottom of the Batch Processing window. If not, make sure you have a recent version of GoldWave installed. After you've added the effects and edit commands to the Process list, enter a name in the Preset area and click the plus [+] button to save those settings.

Chris
Ok I found what you are talking about but that is not exactly what I had in mind.

In other areas - lets say "change volume" -- if I add a new preset, when I select "change volume" that new preset shows up in the drop down list of "change volume". This is what I want for EDIT SILENCE in Batch.

Currently in batch I have to go down and load the preset =- I want to be able to add 6 seconds to the preset drop down list which currently cannot be done.