hiss remover

GoldWave general discussions and community help
coonsanders

hiss remover

Post by coonsanders »

hi guys

i have an exceptionally hissy 78...is there something in goldewave that can get rid if hiss in a 78?or is that what the noise
reduction is all about?thanks

lenny
donrandall

Re: hiss remover

Post by donrandall »

FIRST: Make a copy of your original file and then close the original. Then click on P NEW (which pastes that copy into a new window) then name and save that copy. This will preserve your original and avoid any possibility of altering it in such a way that is not to your liking.

Find a part of you recording where there is no other sound other than that which you want removed. Highlight about a second and click SAVE.

Click on NOISE REDUCTION. Check USE CLIPBOARD. Then, instead of saving it, use the green arrow to the left side which allows you to sample or preview the change that you would get without saving it - which alters your file permanently. If you don't like that result - and if the hiss is as bad as you indicate, you probably won't - you can try to use that same clipboard sample at a reduced rate. Try 50% and experiment up and down from there.

You may discover that the excess noise is so bad that you can not remove it entirely, but perhaps a reduction may be an acceptable result. You may also discover that there is so much hiss that anything you do is unacceptable. Either way, you will have learned something.
coonsanders

Post by coonsanders »

thanks much...

lenny
Culcinealifarley

Post by Culcinealifarley »

[Spam deleted by moderator]
coonsanders

Post by coonsanders »

what???
intoaudio

Post by intoaudio »

Disregard that message, coonsanders. It is 101% PURE SPAM. You'll find that most user forums on the web are victimized by spammers. I'm surprised a message as stupid as this one appeared on the Goldwave forum, because usually spammers at least TRY to stay on the topic of the forum. Spam messages are usually identifiable by short, seemingly related posts, and a little "useless" link at the bottom of the post. I make it a point to avoid those links, unless I know that they can be trusted. Take for instance donrandall's posts. He always posts a link to a website which I assume he runs or knows a lot about. I've got no problem with that. But these stupid Spam links... nope!

Heads up, forum administrators. Yet Another link that needs removal! :evil:
coonsanders

Post by coonsanders »

cool...

lenny