finding splits between lps tracks

GoldWave general discussions and community help
coonsanders

finding splits between lps tracks

Post by coonsanders »

hi gang

i seem not to able to find the track splits between the tunes....is there a way to do this?they arent very well defined sometimes..thanks

lenny
Gord

Re: finding splits between lps tracks

Post by Gord »

Edit > Cue Point > Edit Cue Points... > Auto Cue... > Mark Silence

will place cue points in "silent" parts of the selection based on the parameters supplied. However, it won't necessarily find all of the track splits. You still have to listen and add or adjust the cue points as required, e.g., adding a missing cue point for segues between tracks, or removing extra cue points in cases where Auto Cue adds one during a silence in the middle of a track.

Once again, there is no perfect automated solution - ultimately you have to rely on your ears and your brain.
coonsanders

Post by coonsanders »

thanks..

lenny
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

...ultimately you have to rely on your ears and your brain.
Right! This is your chance to be creative! Do whatever YOU want to do! Take charge! Have FUN!!!!

If two songs run-together and you can't find a good spot to split the tracks, it might be better make 2 tracks into one.
I just did that... I was "recording" the TAMI Show DVD. Chuck Berry starts playing Maybellene and after about one minute, Gerry And The Pacemakers take-over playing the same song. On the DVD, it's two different chapters but I made it into one MP3.

Sometimes I'll do the opposite.... Often in a "live" recording there's talking or a song introduction. Sometimes I'll make the talking/introduction a separate track.

- Some other things I do with "live" recordings -

Sometimes, I'll totally edit-out talking or a long "dead spot". I usually make one long full-concert MP3 plus seperate MP3s for each song. Sometimes, I'll chop-out the talking for the individual tracks, and leave it in for the full-concert version. Sometimes, I'll leave-in the song-introduction as part of the individual track.

For the individual tracks, I'll fade-in and fade-out the applause. I like to use a 2 or 3 second fade-in and a 10-20 second applause fade-out at the end. If the songs are close-together, I'll often "borrow" some applause from somwhere else in the program and blend it in to get a natural-sounding applause fade-out after the end of the song... Fun stuff!!!!
coonsanders

Post by coonsanders »

fun ,creative....rite

thanks

lenny