Font Size on Toolbar - WIN 7

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Coriolanus

Font Size on Toolbar - WIN 7

Post by Coriolanus »

I just put in WIN 7 and I notice that the font size on my Goldwave toolbar is very tiny. Is there any way to increated the font size for the toolbars. ?

I have a high resolution monitor and the toolbar icons are just so tiny - the main window with the wave file is fine but the toolbar is way too tiny.

Is there anyway in the next release you could have an option to enlarge the toolbar icons?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Font Size on Toolbar - WIN 7

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The font size was increased slightly in v5.60 and a smoother font was used, but it isn't a big change. Larger tool bar buttons may be added to a future update.

Chris
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:The font size was increased slightly in v5.60 and a smoother font was used, but it isn't a big change. Larger tool bar buttons may be added to a future update.

Chris
I am still running 5.58 - I thought 5.60 was still in beta. SHould I download it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The beta version seems to be very stable now, so everyone should try it out.

Chris
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

The beta version seems to be very stable now, so everyone should try it out.
Chris, I usually update to newer versions as soon as I am aware of them, but with all the changes in the recent beta versions being tested, I am hesitant to do so. I am still on V 5.58 and everything is working smoothly and properly for me. I really, really like things that work without any irregularities because I am not a computer savvy kinda guy. My computer is nearly six years old, but still solid and reliable. I have XP Media Center with SP3.

I believe you have offered more than one beta version for testing and comments, so which is the latest (assuming that is what I should be looking for)? And yes, I did get the little pop up box announcing the newest release and inviting me to migrate to it. I do not want to risk the possibility of difficulties with anything that may not yet be ready for general use by dummies like me. I decided the wiser course would be to let those who understand such things test and report their findings.
Gord

Post by Gord »

donrandall wrote:I believe you have offered more than one beta version for testing and comments, so which is the latest (assuming that is what I should be looking for)?
The beta page has the link to the latest version. Be sure to read the installation instructions. I just install the beta versions without uninstalling the previous one to keep my registration information intact.
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

I downloaded and installed the beta. HOWEVER, the sizes of the icons on the effects toolbar are still WAY TOO SMALL. Is it too late to fixt that?
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

I'm running 1600x900 - I don't see where the text on the buttons is too small, if it was any larger most of the buttons would be larger.

Are you running some kind of insanely high resolution? Did you try bumping up your DPI size to see if that does anything (I'd let you know but I don't feel like logging off and logging back in right now.)
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

I am running 1080p. 1920x1080

I notice the tiny size on the Effects tool bar - it is smaller than either of the other two tool bars which are fine. It is the effects tool bar whch should be made to be the same size as the other two toolbars.