Bug In Batch Process v. 5.63

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Coriolanus

Bug In Batch Process v. 5.63

Post by Coriolanus »

I think I have found a bug in batch processin in the beta version.

I had some MONO wav files and they all needed to be reduced to 18DB as they had been recorded too loud.

I started doing it by hand on each file using the 18DB preset in the Match Option

I decided to run a batch instead so I set up a batch to run for about 14 files - well it turned out that the first filed would be processed and nothing done to the reset of the files. They were not pocessed.

I had the same problem when I tried the PEAK REDUCER preset in the Compressor/Expander - would only process the first file and never process the rest of the files.
Gord

Re: Bug In Batch Process v. 5.63

Post by Gord »

FWIW, I could not reproduce the issue. I took 3 identical, normalized, 16-bit mono PCM WAV files and ran Batch Processing on them using the "Typical, -18dB" preset for Match Volume. When it was done all 3 files had an average volume of -18dB. (Before processing, the average volume of each file was -16.77dB.)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Check the destination folder setting. The processed files may be stored in a different folder than the originals. Also if you are converting the files, there could be two files with the same name but different file types, so be sure to open the right file.

Chris
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

Destination folder was the same as the orgin . I wanted the files overwritten. They were in their own folder and were the only files in that folder. I did the conversion in a separate step that was already complete at the time I ran this.

I have never had much luck runing 2 processes in the same batch. I tend to run only 1 process at a time. They always go to the origin folder to overwrite the original.