VST Plug-ins error

GoldWave general discussions and community help
dani72

VST Plug-ins error

Post by dani72 »

Im getting an error message every time I try to load VST plug-ins in Goldwave. I press search and I immediately get an error message saying Can't load Module 'dehaupt Biquad Filter'. When I click OK on that message I get another one saying Can't load Module 'RBJ_EQ_Coefficients'. When I click OK again it brings up the first error message again. The only way I can close out of the program is by using task manager.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a solution to it?

BTW im using v5.65 on Windows 7 Ultimate
Relax. What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind!
Tristan

Re: VST Plug-ins error

Post by Tristan »

It depends on the plug-in. I've had some VST plug-ins that Goldwave simply wouldn't recognize, and others that would load and run just fine in Goldwave. Sometimes I've had problems with really old VST plug-ins not running. I wish I could offer some sort of hard-and-fast rule for getting a VST plug-in to run in Goldwave, but I can't.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

First thing to do is to install the latest version of GoldWave. How often do you get the "can't load" error? Is it an endless loop? There may be multiple copies of the plug-in on your computer or there could be a number of VST plug-ins that require the modules, but can't find them. Can you see what plug-in GoldWave is trying to open (in the search window) when errors appear?

Chris
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

I haven't had any problem getting late-release plug-ins from reputable devs to run.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
dani72

Post by dani72 »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:First thing to do is to install the latest version of GoldWave. How often do you get the "can't load" error? Is it an endless loop? There may be multiple copies of the plug-in on your computer or there could be a number of VST plug-ins that require the modules, but can't find them. Can you see what plug-in GoldWave is trying to open (in the search window) when errors appear?

Chris
Chris,

I checked which Plug-in Goldwave was trying to install. I deleted it and that solved the problem although I had to delete several other plug-in's which gave similar error messages too. Thankfully none of them were important or really needed (I have a lot of VST plug-ins because I use Sony Acid Music Studio). Just so you know the error messages are on an endless loop when they appear.

Thanks for all your help.

Dani
Relax. What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind!