Sounds to start with Start Marker

GoldWave general discussions and community help
mr5973

Sounds to start with Start Marker

Post by mr5973 »

Hello,

in my old version of Goldwave, if you clicked the PLAY button, the song began at the position where you put the START MARKER.

Now if put the START MARKER wherever you want in the song, the programm always starts at the beginning of the song (the actuall beginning, not "your" beginning which you selected with the START MARKER)...

This is most annoying as you always have to click FAST FORWARD to get to your wanted position.

What do I do wrong? Can I change this option somewhere? I didn't find anything :-(

Thanks so much
Gord

Re: Sounds to start with Start Marker

Post by Gord »

mr5973 wrote:Now if put the START MARKER wherever you want in the song, the programm always starts at the beginning of the song (the actuall beginning, not "your" beginning which you selected with the START MARKER)...
GoldWave has 3 "Play" buttons. By default they are configured as

Play_1 [F2]: All
Play_2 [F3]: Selection
Play_3 [F4]: Cursor to end

So, if you click the leftmost "Play" button in the Control window (or hit [F2]) then GoldWave will play the entire recording, regardless of where the start marker is. Try the middle "Play" button in the Control window (or hit [F3]) and see if that works better for you.

p.s. - You can change the behaviour of the Play buttons via the "Play" tab of the Control Properties dialog ([F11]).

mr5973

Re: Sounds to start with Start Marker

Post by mr5973 »

Thank you so much
:-)