Copy and paste selected area directly after selected area?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
SandMan8G52

Copy and paste selected area directly after selected area?

Post by SandMan8G52 »

Good day,

I am having a bit of trouble with my attempts to create an extended seamless loop. Whats happening is that I get my selection and copy it. It is now highlighted. I can't figure out how to get that highlighted copied section pasted directly after the highlighted section to extend it. There does not seem to be a way to do this unless you put a finish marker. I use the place finish marker at the end of my selection and it always appears to add extra material in so that my loop is not perfect. I know there has to be a way to insert a highlighted selection directly after another. If anyone knows of an easier command to do this please help.

Thanks
Gord

Re: Copy and paste selected area directly after selected are

Post by Gord »

I dunno, I just selected a portion of audio, hit [Ctrl-C] (for Edit > Copy), and then hit [Ctrl-F] several times (for Edit > Paste At > Finish Marker) and it worked fine for me. I didn't have to do anything to the finish marker because it was already at the end of my selection.
mathyou9

Post by mathyou9 »

In doing seamless loops, once I have the audio selected, I copy it (CTRL-C) and then without doing anything else or changing the selection, I have always just immediately pasted (CTRL-V) a bunch of times. It's virtually the same as what Gord explained. I don't know whether it's pasting at the start marker or finish marker, but that's irrelevant since it's a seamless loop.
donrandall

Post by donrandall »

I've made a few thousand seamless loops. Some music is very easy to work with for this purpose and some is not so easy.

You will have to be absolutely certain that the start and stop points of the bit that will be repeating blend together cleanly. I find those points using the 2nd Play button, which I program to repeat 50 times. I find an approximation of where I want to begin and end the selection and place my start and stop points and then adjust while the music repeats.

I play around and adjust my left and right boundaries until I get what I want. Once I am confident that I have what I want, I click "Stop" and then push Ctrl C which puts the audio into the clipboard, then in a New Sound Window, I click and hold down Ctrl V until I know I have as many repetitions as I need for my purpose.