Cannot Open my MP3 files

GoldWave general discussions and community help
ghostvoice27

Cannot Open my MP3 files

Post by ghostvoice27 »

Ok, so working today I wanted to edit a simple MP3 file, but then I get hit with this!
I've tried everything from fixing the Lame Codec to installing new codecs (at least the Ogg Codecs) They all seem to open just fine. Even the wave. Get this though, I do have the option to save under the MP3 file with Goldwave. I went under Options > File Formats > Add to see if I could fix this, but it didn't work, most of them turn out like this:

I tried to reinstall the program and tried to look at the Gold Wave Manuel, but nothing had work.

Please someone help find a solution to open my MP3s again.

Irun this program under Wine Bottler and X11.
ghostvoice27

Re: Cannot Open my MP3 files

Post by ghostvoice27 »

In fact my entire program is buggy. The keys don't work normally, when I want to select a part to record it refuses to record. I'm not sure if the program is running odd or if Wine is failing me here.
Gord

Re: Cannot Open my MP3 files

Post by Gord »

ghostvoice27 wrote:I'm not sure if the program is running odd or if Wine is failing me here.
My guess is that GoldWave is doing some things that are quite Windows-specific (it is a Windows app after all) and WINE is not able to handle them. GoldWave uses native Windows functions to decode (open) MP3 files so messing around with LAME is not going to help with that. (GoldWave does use LAME to encode (save) MP3 files.)

FWIW, this page...

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=27225

...says that GoldWave v5.67 works under WINE on Ubuntu Linux with a few minor issues, but your experience may be different since you are running winebottler on a Mac.

Perhaps you may have better luck with VirtualBox running a "real" copy of Windows.