pulsing beep noise while recording an playback

GoldWave general discussions and community help
vyoung

pulsing beep noise while recording an playback

Post by vyoung »

I have installed and registered GoldWave 5.69. When I record and playback to recording, I hear a continous beeping noise. I need to know how to stop this from happening. Please assist!
JackA

Re: pulsing beep noise while recording an playback

Post by JackA »

vyoung wrote:I have installed and registered GoldWave 5.69. When I record and playback to recording, I hear a continous beeping noise. I need to know how to stop this from happening. Please assist!
What are your recording from, a microphone, or external source, like a record player?
In other words, more information would be appreciated to help guide you to beepless recordings!
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

You may have selected the "Tone Meter" visual. That beeps to indicate the amplitude of the audio (for visually impaired users to check recording levels). In GoldWave use Options | Control Properties, select the Visual tab, and make sure none of the visuals are set to "Tone Meter".

If that doesn't help, try playing and recording in the Windows Sound Recorder accessory to see if that has the same problem. If it does, then it may be a sound driver problem or system audio effect.

Chris
postiffm

Post by postiffm »

In my case, the beeping was not regular. It happened intermittently, and my computer was doing strange things as well. What was happening was that Windows speech recognition was turned on, and whenever it recognized something on the tape, it would try to execute a command. The beeping was part of that process. So...turn off Windows speech recognition!