Command key for comment edit?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
chrisjj

Command key for comment edit?

Post by chrisjj »

Anyone know a command key for entering comment edit mode on the Batch Processing Process tab? Thanks.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Command key for comment edit?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Select (or tab, up/down arrow to) the list item, then use the single quotation mark key. Or use the context menu key and choose "Edit Comment".

Chris
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Thanks Chris. Trying on V5.69.
GoldWave Inc. wrote:Select (or tab, up/down arrow to) the list item,
I have to select with the mouse. I can find no sequence of TAB and Up Arrow / Down Arrow that will reach a list item. TAB will reach the tab strip, where Left Arrow will select Process http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3695/ff06.png, but then neither Down Arrow nor any other key I've tried will go down the list.
GoldWave Inc. wrote: then use the single quotation mark key.
That just beeps. (sorry, forgot to say in the original message: I tried that as per the docs.)
GoldWave Inc. wrote:Or use the context menu key and choose "Edit Comment".
Thanks - that works. And it reveals that the command key is #. An error perhaps? The single quote would be more logical I think. Or better still, the Windows standard F2.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Interesting. It is definitely single quote on my system (in the context menu too). How that is different on your computer is a mystery. Have you assigned the single quote to another command using Options | Keyboard?

As for using the Tab key, I meant that you can tab to the process list (keep pressing tab until you get to the list), then use the up and down arrow keys to select an item in the list, then use the key to edit the comment or the context menu key.

Chris
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

[deleted]
Last edited by chrisjj on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Interesting. It is definitely single quote on my system (in the context menu too). How that is different on your computer is a mystery. Have you assigned the single quote to another command using Options | Keyboard?
No. Confirmed by the fact typing ' in this browser is fine.

Another problem is that in the Preset control, typing # does not enter # - it engages edit mode in the selected Effect, Chain or Edit! Or if on another tab, gives e.g.

This prevents me entering # (hash) in e.g. Destination filename. Workaround: Close dialog, repoen, go to Destination WITHOUT first entering Process E,C or E.

Another is that in Process edit mode, typing # (hash) to enter a hash does nothing.

The program is making rather a hash of it :)
GoldWave Inc. wrote:As for using the Tab key, I meant that you can tab to the process list (keep pressing tab until you get to the list), then use the up and down arrow keys to select an item in the list, then use the key to edit the comment or the context menu key.
OIC. Works fine - thanks.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I can't seem to duplicate those key problems on my computer. Both ' and # work correctly. Perhaps it is a keyboard/localization issue? Is it a standard US keyboard layout?

Chris
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The # key is where the ' key is on my keyboard, which explains a lot. I would have thought that Windows would handle keyboard layouts automatically, but clearly it's a problem for shortcut keys. I'll have to assign a new key for editing comments.

Chris
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:I can't seem to duplicate those key problems on my computer. Both ' and # work correctly.
Perhaps it is a keyboard/localization issue? Is it a standard US keyboard layout?
Input language is English (United Kingdom) - United Kingdom:

If I change to English (United States) - US keyboard, the ' works, and the # does not. The failures reported above for # remain, but now on ' .
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Is # above the 3 key on your keyboard?

Chris
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Last edited by chrisjj on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.