How to find the music in a track and trim the voice part?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Michael REMY

How to find the music in a track and trim the voice part?

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

here my case : i have a track of 20min (which is the soundtrack of a old anime episode).
There is no CD of the OST soundtrack score of this anime.

i wish to open the wav track of the video file and only select the music part where there is no voice element, no FX element, i want to auto-find the music part.

is it possible ?

i hope you understand me that i do not want to remove the voice part, i just want to trim the voice (and fx) parts of a wav track to keep only the small part of only music element.

can i do that with goldwave ?

thanks for help and tips.
chrisjj

Re: How to find the music in a track and trim the voice part

Post by chrisjj »

Not possible with GW TMK.
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

Automatically find the music? Not likely unless the music happens to be a much higher amplitude than the voice and FX; at which point you *might* be able to get auto-cue to mark it.

But your best way is manually looking at the file; music will look drastically different just voice or sound effects. I bet you'll find doing it by hand won't take you nearly as long as you think.
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

thank for your reply.

yeah, i didn't think about to try the autocue. maybe it will do it right, at least put some mark between different amplitude part into the track.

by example, tack the track of a movie, and try to find the lone moment where there is no voice, no FX, just music. That what i want & need.

Off course i can do it manually, even pretty handy by doing it myself while i'm listening the track but it is a long process to re-listening again and again...

i will give autocue a try !