MARK SILENCE

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Coriolanus

MARK SILENCE

Post by Coriolanus »

Is here any way to do MARK SILENCE in batch mode? Is there anything I could write that would do if for me :?:

With all the improvements you are making I would hope that you would batch MARK SILENCE

I am still running 5.70 as it does everything I want except a batch for MARK SILENCE.

THanks

Judy
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: MARK SILENCE

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Sorry, there is no way to mark silences in batch processing.
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

Thanks - do you think it will ever happen?
DougA

Post by DougA »

When you say "Is there anything I could write that would do if for me" what tools do you have available ?
Within Goldwave ? or external program ?
I've used python to scan for silent spaces (so I could adjust them), reading and writing a .wav file isn't very complicated at all. Also, how do you mean "mark" ... like with cue points ? cue points are just data entries added at the end of the .wav file, so one could scan the file, find the silence points (ie sound level below a threshold) and generate a cue entry to add at the end.
However, I'd think you'd end up with a super pile of cue points, and wonder if that's useful or not.
But, if you wanted to set a silent threshold as well, say to find silence > x.x seconds, that could be part of the code.

A color coded display where you could select the thresholds, now that would be nice. I think now you need to be able to create a plug-in and that's beyond me too.
Doug
Coriolanus

Post by Coriolanus »

I take a an audio wave file and break it up into size suitable for 1 CD. Then I run cue points MARK SILENCE on the file and finally I go through the cue points by hand to look for the chapters and I delete all the excess cue points ( some files after running mark silence I have over 200 cue points and some only 10 - it depends on the reader)

What I want to be able to do is run the MARK SILENCE on every file I have cut up for a book. Write now I do it by hand -open each CD sized file and go to cue point and click MARK SILENCE ( I use the same fields for ever file}

I have the parameters on the MARK SILENCE panel already set up in the CUE POINTs - MARK SILENCE. I use these parameters for every file I run MARK SILENCE on - they give me the best results

What I would like to do is be able to run MARK SILENCE as a batch on all the files I have set up for the book,

It does not matter to me how many cue points it sets - I fix up the number I want to use in the book later-

I just want to CUE POINTS _ MARK SILENCE as a batch on all the files I have set up.

Thanks for answer Doug

Judy