Things I Like About Goldwave

GoldWave general discussions and community help
JackA

Things I Like About Goldwave

Post by JackA »

Recently, I had a very nice CD recording of a favorite song, it actually sounded like it was remixed (not from vinyl). Anyway, there was a consecutive tick and a much louder pop sound. I knew GW could easily remove the tick sound and it did, but I had doubts about the severe pop noise. I gave it a couple tries with no success. Then I zoomed in where the pop sound was, gave it more of an aggressive setting (450?), and it disappeared. I felt that was amazing!

I like to boost the volume of some bridges in songs, but they sound wrong if you just highlight the selection and change amplitude. Since I'm familiar with the Shape (Volume) tool, I drew what I wanted the bridge to sound (look) like, gradually ramp up volume, hold, then ramp down. It worked like a champ! The Shape tool also comes in handy if you wish to hear more of a faded ending.

Some disagreed with me about varying DC offset. I guess it exists from mixing tracks together. It always bugged me until I discovered the automatic DC offset removal tool with Varying DC offset setting. Maybe I'm making something out of nothing, but even after using the manual offset tool, I'd (still) watch a VU bar rise as a song faded. Using the automated offset tool made it go away!

Again, many thanks for a fine audio tool, Goldwave.