Gratitude for years of Goldwave use

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Michael REMY

Re: Gratitude for years of Goldwave use

Post by Michael REMY »

"je plussois" (french).

even if my register date is 6years old, i'm pretty sure i was using goldwave at least 5years more in trial/shareware version before i could purchase it.
Nigga 4 Life

Re: Gratitude for years of Goldwave use

Post by Nigga 4 Life »

Oh how time passes. I concur with the initial post and second these emotions. I cannot recall when I began to use GoldWave, but do recall it was not purchased until approximately 2.50 years later. My situation is unique to some millions of computer folk who span the globe. I am completely blind and use something called a screen reader. JAWS I use on Windows, and VoiceOver I use on all operating systems by Apple. Throughout the years, I sent e-mails to Chris chock-full of bug reports, suggestions, comments, and concerns. He fixed so many accessibility related bugs and implemented so many fixes I cannot count them. My eternal gratitude goes to Chris Craig for being such an engaging, interactive, and receptive developer.

Nowadays, and for years, I have used Mac OS and will never revert to Windows for personal usage; however, I do have a virtual machine with GoldWave installed. The accumulated days and weeks I spent splitting losslessly digitised records down to frames of a second [yes, I am that pedantic], ruling MP3s [was in denial back then] for a very popular blog which did exist once upon a time [those fond memories…], and a myriad of tasks though tedious they were, simply would not have been feasible and/or possible for me if GoldWave did not exist.

Thank you for such a stellar programme. May it continue to prosper and improve, for nothing improves without change.