splitting by cue file with id3tag

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Michael REMY

splitting by cue file with id3tag

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

since a lot of years, i use goldwave to split a large WAVE file using CUE file to determine the name.
My cue file always contains track, artist and album name.

am i alone to need a id3tag autofill when i split the file ?

it would be very usefull if goldwave could do that because, each time, i have to use another software to fill the tag after splitting.

ok, i already name the file like %track %artist %song, but i still have to use another software to paste this information into id3tag...

Best regards
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: splitting by cue file with id3tag

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

If you use File | Information to fill in some of the information before splitting the file, then that information will be included in each of the split files. There are options for replacing the track number and setting the title in the Split File window.
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:If you use File | Information to fill in some of the information before splitting the file, then that information will be included in each of the split files. There are options for replacing the track number and setting the title in the Split File window.
but track titles and numbers will be the same, that is the problem....
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The "Replace track number" setting on the Split File window replaces the track number tag with the current split number (which you can set). The "Title" setting can be set to "Cue name" if you entered a name for each cue point for each song.