Webm support?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Coolgamer

Webm support?

Post by Coolgamer »

I have a few video files in Webm format that I want to extract the audio from, but Goldwave can't detect the settings and I end up with a mess of static and slowed down audio. Any chance the format could be supported in a future build?
DougDbug

Re: Webm support?

Post by DougDbug »

SUPER might be able to extract the audio and convert it to WAV, but if you want to try it, the free version of SUPER tries to install crapware when you install it. So be careful about what you click on when you install it, and run your anti-malware after installing it.
Coolgamer

Post by Coolgamer »

DougDbug wrote:SUPER might be able to extract the audio and convert it to WAV, but if you want to try it, the free version of SUPER tries to install crapware when you install it. So be careful about what you click on when you install it, and run your anti-malware after installing it.
I'd rather avoid the risk of crapware if possible. I know we can't add real audio support do to licensing, but I don't know if there's any license issues in adding .webm support to Goldwave.
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

You can also try Audacity with the optional FFmpeg import/export library. As long as you download from the official Audacity website you won't get crapware.

From what I recall, Webm supports two different audio formats and FFmpeg can decode at least one of them (and maybe both).

VLC is another possibility.

...I haven't used SPUER for awhile, but it's 'saved me' a few times.

but I don't know if there's any license issues in adding .webm support to Goldwave.
I wouldn't think there would be any problems, since it's open source.

FYI - You can contact Chris (GoldWave's developer) directly using the Web-Mail form on this page. (He doesn't seem to be on the forum every day.)
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

GoldWave can use FFmpeg if installed. You'd use Options | Plug-in | File | GoldWave* to set the folder. Getting the right version may be a problem. Using the installer built into VideoMeld (Options | Configure VideoMeld | Download) may be the easiest way.
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

we are now in 2023, almost in 2024.
Still no internal solution to open a webm video file into goldwave ?
When i open the video into vlc, there is "160kbits Opus audio codec" written in the info box.

i don't know a lot VLC, but maybe there is a command line to extract or SendTo or pipe " | >> " the sound part directly into goldwave ?
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

Did you install FFmpeg?

It's easier now: Options -> Plug-in -> File -> GoldWave -> (FFmpeg) -> Download
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

i tried download and got this "error sendind data: (12175) .."

system : win7 x64 FR pro Golwave 6.78

is there any other log or error message i can send you to help ?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Downloading seems to be working normally here. Maybe it was a temporary problem. Try downloading it again. Or you can try download it from here and extract all the files to a folder. You'd enter that folder in GoldWave.