6.27 bug?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Afterimage

6.27 bug?

Post by Afterimage »

I don't know if previous versions did this, but I've never noticed it before. The further the balance level is moved to the left the lower the levels on the spectrum window. Balance all the way to the left = nothing on the spectrum window. X-Y graph behaves like expected. I have Goldwave setup so the main window is on one monitor and the control is on another monitor. X-Y graph is on the left side and spectrum is on the right side.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: 6.27 bug?

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

That is the way GoldWave has always worked. The top/left graph is the left channel. The bottom/right graph is the right channel. The X-Y visual always uses data from both channels.
Afterimage

Post by Afterimage »

The spectrum uses both channels too though, correct? I have the "swap X and Y" option checked on the X-Y graph so it matches the old Marantz scopes (left channel = vertical, right = horizontal. When the balance is all the way to the right the X-Y goes to a solid horizontal line (like it should) and the spectrum shows like normal. When the balance is cranked all the way to the left though the spectrum doesn't show anything. When the balance is centered the spectrum window shows info from both channels.

Here's a quick vid I made of it. Mono -> panned to left -> panned to right -> mono -> stereo.
https://www.facebook.com/BBusch71/video ... 595422651/
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Most visuals use data from only one channel. If the Spectrum visual is in the "Left" area, only the left channel is used (or all left channels for a multichannel file and "2 Mixed" visual mode). Use Options | Control Properties and select the Visual tab to see the list of visual areas.
Afterimage

Post by Afterimage »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:Most visuals use data from only one channel. If the Spectrum visual is in the "Left" area, only the left channel is used (or all left channels for a multichannel file and "2 Mixed" visual mode). Use Options | Control Properties and select the Visual tab to see the list of visual areas.
Is there a way to get the spectrum see both channels (mono)? Also, what is the difference between "2" and "2 mixed" under visuals?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There isn't option to have one spectrum show both channels. You can use Effect | Stereo | Channel Mixer, select the "Mono mix" preset, then preview that to see the spectrum for the combined channels. Or you can save the file as mono under a different name.

The "2 Mixed" setting is for multichannel files to combine all channels down to stereo.