Save As saving as a folder then file

GoldWave general discussions and community help
wmcbride

Save As saving as a folder then file

Post by wmcbride »

Is there a setting in GoldWave to force GW to save a file as a file in the network folder you create versus GoldWave creating a folder based on the file name and then saving the file in the folder? I.E. \\network share\folder\file name instead of \\network share\folder auto created by GoldWave matching filename\filename. Windows 2008 32 bit. Goldwave 5.69 32 bit.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Save As saving as a folder then file

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Normally GoldWave does not create folders unless you are using Batch Processing or splitting files, where a destination folder can be specified in the settings. If a folder is being created just using the normal File | Save As command, then that is ususual. Make sure the filename does not contain any special characters such as backslashes.
wmcbride

Post by wmcbride »

So if we use UNC paths to save to this happens versus saving as a mapped drive letter. ie \\server\share\filename will always created a folder \\server\share\folder based on filename\filename instead of \\server\share\filename?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

This problem is not occurring on my systems (tested with v5.70 and v6.28). When saving a file such as "\\server\share\file.wav" the file is saved in "share" folder. A "file" folder is not created. Is there anything unusual about the filename?
wmcbride

Post by wmcbride »

The file name is numeral.wav or 1234567890.wav and they convert it to 1234567890.mp3. Even if they try to open the file from one folder and save to another with the same name and file format "wav" it creates a folder by the name of the file and drops the file in that newly created folder. This is a Citrix server with a GPO that locks access to A,B, C, & D but does allow for saving to a network file share which we map as "X". Now the server I am testing from has had GoldWave removed and every 32 bit version installed from version 5.58 through 5.70 and the issue is the same. I can't duplicate it with a non elevated account but users swear it happens every time. I've tried a trial copy and a licensed copy. The trial copy doesn't let them save but the license version does with this odd behavior.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

I don't see how that is possible when using a normal "Save As" operation since GoldWave doesn't call any functions to create a folder and the folder must already exist. Also the trial copy should allow saving. Have you noticed any similar behaviour in other programs, such as the Notepad accessory when following the same steps?