Automatic movement of finish marker to end after deleting

GoldWave general discussions and community help
nikosdemet

Automatic movement of finish marker to end after deleting

Post by nikosdemet »

Hi all.
I am new to goldwave and I like it a lot.
I am using it full time for about 6 months now.

I am blind so I am using goldwave with a screen reader and I use only keyboard commands.

I was wondering if there is away for the finish marker to move automatically to the end of the audio after deleting something?
At the moment if we select a portion of a recording using start and finish markers, if we delete this portion both markers are at the same place.
It would be much easier if the finish marker was moving automatically to the end of the recording after deleting.
The start marker is good where it is after the deletion point.
I know about the control+shift+end command, to move the marker manually to the end but I was wondering if this can be done automatically.

I hope it makes sense what I am trying to say.
English is not my first language.
I am sorry if this has been discussed before in the forums but I didn't find something when I looked.
Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.
Nikos
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Automatic movement of finish marker to end after deletin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

That many cause some confusion, especially for novice users. Normally after deleting, the selection should be empty. If the end of the file was selected automatically after deleting, some users may think that the delete operation did not work properly.

Note that if you start playback anywhere after the finish marker and use the Move Start To Elapsed function ('[' key), the finish marker is automatically moved to the end.