"Loading effects plug-ins" bug. V. 6.30

GoldWave general discussions and community help
Tristan

"Loading effects plug-ins" bug. V. 6.30

Post by Tristan »

Sometimes when I open Goldwave v. 6.30, a little window pops up informing me that effects plug-ins are being loaded. Then the window just hangs there in the middle of the screen, partially blocking the waveform display. I didn't have this issue with any previous GW versions.

Is GW trying to load VST's automatically now? Up until recently, you had to do that manually.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: "Loading effects plug-ins" bug. V. 6.30

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Do you mean the splash screen? Does the window eventually disappear or does it remain there until GoldWave is closed?

If you use "GoldWave Setup" from the Windows Start menu to disable effect plug-ins (temporarily) does that avoid the problem?
Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Regarding "GoldWave Setup" -- after winding my way through the menus, I haven't found an option for disabling plug-ins yet. I'll report back if I get the test set up and completed. I haven't instructed GoldWave to locate and load any VST plug-ins, though, if that helps. I'm just using the built-in effects.

Anyway...

If the splash screen is the mini-window with the alert displayed, it's the splash screen. The problem happens when I'm opening GoldWave for the first time -- not all the time, just occasionally. The splash screen opens then stays open. When I close GoldWave, the screen actually stays open for a couple more seconds before it (finally) closes.

This didn't happen with v. 6.28 or earlier versions of GoldWave. I don't know what the deal is. I didn't have to do any special configuring to avoid problems.

Addendum: I'm probably just going to reinstall v. 6.28. That option presents the fewest hassles for me. I don't mind waiting for updates, so no biggie.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

The splash screen is the small window that appears while GoldWave is loading. It has the GoldWave logo on it.

"GoldWave Setup" is in the Windows Start menu. Click on the Windows logo and type "GoldWave Setup" to find it.

It may be helpful if you provide a screen shot.

As for installing v6.28 and waiting for an update. It won't be possible to fix the problem in an update without more information. It doesn't happen on any of my systems. If you can keep v6.30 installed until more information is gathered, that would be helpful.