how to eliminate the music of an audio file

GoldWave general discussions and community help
MajickMj

how to eliminate the music of an audio file

Post by MajickMj »

Hi everyone,I have an audio file which contains a conversation between people and an added music(I mean it is added to the file by the use of computer,like the musics which are added to the movies).Is it possible to omit the music of this file?How?
My second question is how about if the music exists in the scene and is not added by computer?Is it possible to omit it?How?
I really appreciate your help :D
Tristan

Re: how to eliminate the music of an audio file

Post by Tristan »

If the music is recorded on a separate track, sure you can eliminate it. If the music's mixed into a track with the conversation, no, you can't eliminate it.

I don't know what "not added by the computer" means. If something hasn't been added by the computer, how do you propose to edit it in GoldWave?
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
MajickMj

Post by MajickMj »

Tristan wrote:If the music is recorded on a separate track, sure you can eliminate it. If the music's mixed into a track with the conversation, no, you can't eliminate it.

I don't know what "not added by the computer" means. If something hasn't been added by the computer, how do you propose to edit it in GoldWave?
Thanks a lot :D
Imagine that you are in a restaurant with a friend and there is a music in the background and you record your conversation.that is what "not added by computer"means.but if there isnt any music and you add a music to the file by use of a software,so it is added by computer.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There probably isn't a way to completely remove the music unless you have an exact copy of the music file that was mixed with the voices. If the music is stereo, try the presets for the Reduce Vocals and Stereo Center effects. Those may be able to remove some of the music.
MajickMj

Post by MajickMj »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:There probably isn't a way to completely remove the music unless you have an exact copy of the music file that was mixed with the voices. If the music is stereo, try the presets for the Reduce Vocals and Stereo Center effects. Those may be able to remove some of the music.
Thank you so much :D
DewDude420

Post by DewDude420 »

Audio is like a cake once its all mixed.

You cant unbake and unmix a cake.

You can do very limited amounts of reduction in FFT..but will will never fully elimnate the audio.
MajickMj

Post by MajickMj »

DewDude420 wrote:Audio is like a cake once its all mixed.

You cant unbake and unmix a cake.

You can do very limited amounts of reduction in FFT..but will will never fully elimnate the audio.
I really appreciate yor help :D
JackA

Post by JackA »

GoldWave Inc. wrote:There probably isn't a way to completely remove the music unless you have an exact copy of the music file that was mixed with the voices. If the music is stereo, try the presets for the Reduce Vocals and Stereo Center effects. Those may be able to remove some of the music.

I agree. If there is an exact copy of the music, you can invert and "beat" it against the original to aid in music removal (sort of like Noise Cancelling headphones).

p.s. Like your Stereo Center!

Jack
MajickMj

Post by MajickMj »

JackA wrote:

I agree. If there is an exact copy of the music, you can invert and "beat" it against the original to aid in music removal (sort of like Noise Cancelling headphones).

p.s. Like your Stereo Center!

Jack
Thanks a lot :D