Stereo Mix shackled by Windows 10 update

GoldWave general discussions and community help
moonverine

Stereo Mix shackled by Windows 10 update

Post by moonverine »

Ugh. So I believe the Windows 10 summer update had some DMCA type security measures in it, so now I can't use Goldwave to record anything except mic. All the record devices (besides ones with mics) were converted to LOOPBACKs, and Stereo Mix records as silence.

Stereo Mix levels are at 100%, so I'm at a loss of how to proceed.

HALP. :(

EDIT: Even merely setting the Stereo Mix to Default Program in the Mixer menu makes all computer sound stutter and the computer freeze up. SHEESH!
Tristan

Re: Stereo Mix shackled by Windows 10 update

Post by Tristan »

Microsoft insists, of course, that WASAPI works just as well as ASIO for recording. But I haven't been having any problems with ASIO in my other audio programs, even after the latest Win10 updates.

Can you record stereo mix using your onboard sound chip? If you can, that might help narrow down your list of potential problems.
I don't want to read the manual either, but, then, it isn't my problem, is it?
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Re: Stereo Mix shackled by Windows 10 update

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

Does selecting the LOOPBACK recording device for your speakers give silence as well? That should allow you to make a direct recording of streaming audio.

Also if you have Realtek audio hardware, a recent driver update seems to be causing many problems. Realtek drivers are often very unstable.