Live strreaming recording?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
DoctorD

Live strreaming recording?

Post by DoctorD »

Is it possible to record live streaming any more? I've been told that it isn't.

For years I recorded You Tube and Pandora, but I can't any more. (When I try to record anything live, I get a black screen.)

I believe I have 6.27, but no version number is listed under properties.

LOOP is engaged.

Should I upgrade to 6.30?
DougDbug

Re: Live strreaming recording?

Post by DougDbug »

Are you listening to your regular soundcard/speakers/headphones, or are you listening through a USB device? The "loopback" has to be related to wherever the sound is coming out.

It should say "LOOPBACK". Assuming you have Windows 7 or later, go to Options -> Control Properties -> System and select Core Audio/WASAPI.

Then, Options -> Control Properties -> Device -> Record and select LOOPBACK.
DoctorD

Post by DoctorD »

Yep. Loopback is selected.
2leftfeet

Post by 2leftfeet »

I have seen this effect once or twice on an old (WinXP) machine but never on my latest Win10 Prof. desktop PC or Win 10 laptops.
Updating to Ver 6.30 is a good idea anyway but also check that your operating system is up to date (graphic & sound card drivers). Clean out temp files etc. It is more likely to be something other than Goldwave, I think.
DoctorD

Post by DoctorD »

I kind of doubt that temporary files is causing the problem. I'll go with the experts who say live streaming (which violates copyright laws) is no longer allowed by most large providers. It was fun while it lasted.
GoldWave Inc.
Site Admin

Post by GoldWave Inc. »

There could be more than one LOOPBACK device. Make sure you have the correct one selected (try each one, if necessary). If that still doesn't work, you may be able to go through the Windows Sound settings to enable the "What You Hear" or "Stereo Mix" recording device (if it exists) and then select that device in GoldWave. And if that doesn't work, you could try using a splitter cable.
DougDbug

Post by DougDbug »

. I'll go with the experts who say live streaming (which violates copyright laws) is no longer allowed by most large providers.
try playing & recording an MP3 (or a CD any audio file or sounds) on your computer... Something that you know is not copy-protected. If you can record that loopback but streaming fails, then maybe there is some kind of copy protection on the streaming service.