Headphone jack

GoldWave general discussions and community help
olsend147

Headphone jack

Post by olsend147 »

I have a refurbished Lenovo ThinkCentre Desktop. It plays music and videos just fine, thru headphones if they are plugged into the headphone jack, thru the built-in speaker if not. But in GoldWave, Playback always comes out thru the built-in speaker, whether headphones are plugged in or not. If I go to Control Properties none of the options for Playback is called "Headphones." I really want to Playback thru the headphones. Any suggestions? thanks.
DougDbug

Re: Headphone jack

Post by DougDbug »

This is just a random guess... There are two driver "interfaces" - Direct Sound and Core Audio/WASAPI. Go to Options -> Control Properties -> System can change to the opposite of whatever is currently selected. (One of them may be working with some applications and the other may have a driver problem.)

Your computer may also have some kind of audio configuration utility... Maybe you can turn-off the internal speaker.

The audio is probably built-into your motherboard, but one solution might be to add an internal or USB soundcard. With new hardware and new drivers it would probably work.
olsend147

Post by olsend147 »

Your suggestion to check the System tab did the trick!! Thanks!
blank1620

Post by blank1620 »

This solution still works in 2022. I had this problem with a new computer and Goldwave would playback over the speakers but not through headphones. Tried your solution and problem was fixed. Thanks