How to remove the mouse click sound from one file?

GoldWave general discussions and community help
qdlzc2

How to remove the mouse click sound from one file?

Post by qdlzc2 »

as picture upper, all the red area is the mouse click record in one movie, I have try more than 3 methods, but they all can not remove it clearly.

Is the any way that can positioning at the points and replace all the next 0.12 seconds with silences?
DougDbug

Re: How to remove the mouse click sound from one file?

Post by DougDbug »

I can't see the picture...
Is the any way that can positioning at the points and replace all the next 0.12 seconds with silences?
Sure! Select/highlight the part you want to silence. Then, Edit-> Mute.

You can also try Effect -> Filter -> Click/Pop.

Sometimes the Censor effect can be used (with the Use Clipboard option to replace the existing sound with something similar.

...Audacity (free) has a couple of click repair filters and there are special-purpose (non-free) applications for cleaning-up digitized vinyl records such as Click Repair, Wave Repair, and Wave Corrector.
2leftfeet

Re: How to remove the mouse click sound from one file?

Post by 2leftfeet »

I have used Wavecorrector for some years now and it has worked fine for me. It is now a free download so give it a go. You might have to adjust some settings to achieve the desired result, but always work with a copy of your audio file so you do not mess up the original. Audacity, Wavecorrector & Goldwave all do things slightly differently and you just have to find the one which works best for you. Peter :)